SAVRS Plugin for Topaz Workbench
Eclipse-based plugin to enable seamless access to the SAVRS database of JES log and SYSOUT on z OS from an IDE desktop workspace such as Compuware's Topaz Workbench.
What is SAVRS Plugin for Topaz Workbench
Topaz Workbench is the Compuware z OS Eclipse-based software development IDE. Its primary purpose is to streamline the z OS development process into a structured and modern GUI (Eclipse-based) tool. In a Service Oriented Architecture the Topaz Workbench can be deployed to request and receive SAVRS Job log and SYSOUT Viewing Service entirely within the Topaz Workbench desktop environment. This new framework empowers TSO developers and simplifies maintenance and support tasks.
Features of SAVRS Plugin for Topaz Workbench
- View Joblog and SYSOUT output from within a GUI Eclipse environment within the Topaz Workbench desktop (or any other Eclipse-based IDE)
- View output from any SAVRS catalogs on z OS that you are authorized to view
- Job filtering by Job Name, Date/Time, etc. is available from within the plug-in screen
- JCL editing and Resubmit is available from within the plugin screen
- Easy download and install of the plug-in on the desktop Topaz Workbench client
Viewing Job log and SYSOUT from within the Topaz Workbench environment
When the user selects from the list of available DD’s for the Job, the SAVRS plugin for Topaz Workbench retrieves the selected DD content from the SAVRS z OS catalog and displays it within the Eclipse window. All descriptive information about the Job such as Run Date, Time, Completion Codes, Line Counts, and more are available through the SAVRS plugin for Topaz Workbench.
Job Filtering Capability
Edit and Resubmit the JCL list