Grafana 8 z/OS Connect Dashboards and enriched APM & Db2 traces included with new release
These exciting new capabilities are included in z/IRIS release 1.7.2, now available from SEA.
- z/OS Connect dashboards now available for Grafana 8 (figure 1). Enterprise performance teams can monitor and analyze REST API request performance for z/OS Connect servers and mainframe-based service providers.
- New Datadog and Grafana z/OS Infrastructure Dashboards visualize RMF metrics to provide a high-level view and understanding of mainframe performance and resource utilization (figure 2).
- Enriched APM traces with overarching span attributes to provide a consistent and predictable user experience to facilitate searching, filtering and analyzing.
- Enhanced Db2 traces for parent-child span duration display.
z/IRIS instruments and distributes IBM Z SMF and RMF performance data into z/OS traces and metrics that can be streamed into all leading APM tools for end-to-end application performance monitoring, enterprise problem detection and analysis. (Learn more about z/IRIS on our z/IRIS product page)
Release 1.7.2 of the z/IRIS mainframe observability tool is now available from SEA.
MQ and CICS Observability Planned for 2022 z/IRIS Roadmap
Watch for more exciting z/IRIS features throughout 2022. The z/IRIS 2022 product roadmap (figure 3) calls for z/IRIS to be enhanced to provide MQ and CICS observability for mainframe-backed organizations. This new support will enable enterprise monitoring teams to:
- Transform MQ statistics records into metrics
- Convert MQ accounting records into APM traces
- Transform CISC SMF records into metrics and APM traces
- Utilize new Grafana and Datadog dashboards that highlight key performance measurements using z/IRIS MQ and CICS metrics
- Identify resource utilization and constraints impacting MQ and CISC performance on z/OS systems
- Troubleshoot MQ messages to CICS transactions reporting high latency and errors
- Integrate MQ and CICS key performance indicators (KPIs) into AI-Ops software to prevent downtime and customer dissatisfaction